A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Smart (NYSE: SFS) recently:
- 7/21/2017 – Smart had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $19.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/18/2017 – Smart was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c-” rating to a “d+” rating.
- 7/13/2017 – Smart was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 7/5/2017 – Smart was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Smart & Final Stores, Inc. is a value-oriented food and everyday staples retailer that serves household and business customers. It operates grocery and foodservice stores under the Smart & Final, Smart & Final Extra! and Cash & Carry Smart Foodservice banners in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho. The Company’s stores offer various products, including basic grocery, produce, dairy, meat, beverage, foodservice, packaging, and janitorial items. Smart & Final Stores, Inc. is headquartered in Los Angeles. “
- 6/19/2017 – Smart had its “underweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a $8.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $11.00.
Shares of Smart (NYSE:SFS) traded down 2.848% on Monday, hitting $7.675. 106,906 shares of the stock traded hands. Smart has a 52-week low of $7.45 and a 52-week high of $15.88. The stock’s 50 day moving average price is $9.86 and its 200 day moving average price is $12.35. The stock has a market cap of $561.89 million, a P/E ratio of 57.276 and a beta of 0.31.
In related news, SVP Michael A. Mortensen sold 26,980 shares of Smart stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, July 6th. The shares were sold at an average price of $8.26, for a total value of $222,854.80. Following the completion of the sale, the senior vice president now directly owns 48,191 shares in the company, valued at approximately $398,057.66. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through the SEC website. Also, EVP Scott R. Drew sold 21,000 shares of Smart stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, June 12th. The stock was sold at an average price of $13.02, for a total transaction of $273,420.00. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now owns 64,648 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $841,716.96. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold a total of 101,940 shares of company stock valued at $1,097,389 over the last quarter. 8.47% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
Smart & Final Stores, Inc is a food retailer. The Company is engaged in the business of selling fresh perishables and everyday grocery items, together with foodservice, packaging and janitorial products. The Company operates through two segments: Smart & Final, and Cash and Carry. The Smart & Final segment focuses on both household and business customers.
Receive News & Ratings for Smart Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Smart and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.